Pest Thrips of the World
This latest thrips key by Gerald Moritz, Laurence Mound, David Morris and Arturo Goldarazena, which has been produced in three languages (English, German and Spanish), includes 99 important pest species of the family Thripidae that are encountered worldwide.
The main aim of Pest Thrips of the World is to provide assistance in thrips identification to anyone needing to identify thrips damaging crops anywhere in the world. In particular, this product will be of value to quarantine identifiers, plant health officers, virologists and others concerned with the threat that thrips pose to agricultural and horticultural crops. It is a fully illustrated visual system to adult thrips together with a molecular system that functions equally well for immature stages including eggs as well as adults.
This Lucid key for identifying thrips uses numerous microscope images to illustrate descriptions of character states and incorporates detailed images of morphological characters for each species. A unique feature of Pest Thrips of the World is the inclusion of a molecular key to 55 of the included species that allows you to use ITS-RFLP results for species recognition. There is also a link to a web site for up-to-date molecular diagnostic information.
This CD contains:
- the Lucid key and molecular key
- “About” sections, covering the following topics -
- a description of the project and what it encompasses
- the history of the development of these electronic thrips keys in the last 10 years
- a description of the methods and techniques used in the visual and molecular keys
- a section that describes the scope of this work
- links to thrips pests, unique features, classification and host range
- a section on thrips tospovirus interactions
- a glossary on thrips terminology.
Pest Thrips of the World Splash Page
Pest Thrips of the World Molecular Identification Key
Pest Thrips of the World About Project Page
- Operating System: Windows 95/98/ME/NT(SP6)/2000/XP
- Browser: Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher (6.0 supplied)
- Processor: Min Pentium PC
- Memory: min 32MB, recommended 64MB
- Disc Space: 40MB
- Video Card: SVGA graphics, 800 x 600 pixels, min 16bit colours
- CD-ROM: 4x speed or greater
- Internet connection optional
How much does Pest Thrips of the World
The recommended retail price is AU$49.95. Prices are exclusive of GST. Prices are subject to change without notice.
How do I purchase Pest Thrips of the World?
You can buy it online -